Learning Ecommerce SEO: What’s Missing On Your Site?
When it comes to ecommerce SEO, many online store owners get cold feet. Well, they are not to blame, ecommerce SEO is quite a puzzle; difficult to solve and can’t be neglected. One of the important aspects of it is on-page optimization. When you create an online store, it is important that you do it correctly, so that you don’t have to compromise with your website’s traffic and sales. The never-ending changes of popular search engines make you change your SEO strategy every now and then. No matter whether you are new to ecommerce or have been running your online store for a while, there is always a scope of improvement. Let’s start with the basics of SEO. Check out our SEO tips to make sure that you are sending the correct signals to the search engines and aiming for website success.
How to Optimize Your Website for Better Ecommerce SEO?
There should not be any second thought about how important your website SEO is. Definitely it is the top pages to optimize. Check out the basics, yet the most important things to include and optimize:
1) Keyword Research Do you know that one of the major reasons that your website is not working well on major search engines, especially Google is because you are targeting the inappropriate keywords. Always ensure that you pay special attention while deciding the targeted keywords for your store. Use tools like Google Adwords to look for the perfect keywords. Or, you can do a competitor analysis on what keywords they are using through their store’s titles and Meta Description. This will save some hard work for you.
2) Title Tag The first and the most important element of on-page SEO is your store’s title tag. While, KartRocket offers you apps to create your Title Tags, make sure it is under 70 characters (including spaces) so that it is easily visible on search engines. Include the focus keyword/s along with your company name to make it appealing on the first sight.
3) Meta Description Along with the search engine, Meta description is equally important for customers as well. This 160 character description of your online store will entice visitors to visit your website and shop. Don’t forget to include keywords along with relevant information about your store.
4) Content Your home page content is as important as any other on-page SEO element. Make sure that you include high quality content that informs customers about your company and products/services. Don’t forget to include the keywords in between for the search engines. AVOID keyword stuffing and duplicate content, in case you don’t want Google to hate you! Include H1 as your page title and include the major keyword on it for SEO success. However, don’t use it more than once. For other headlines or sub-headlines, use H1 to H6 tags.
5) Images For your online store to sell more, include high quality images that reflect your nature of business. This is for the customers. For SEO, make sure you include ALT tags on every image. ALT tags are basically the image description. Include keywords in the ALT tags.
More or less, the above are the basics of ecommerce SEO, which you must include in your online store for better search engine ranking. However, this is just about the website’s home page. The SEO essentials for website’s other pages will be discussed soon.